Maintenance Assistant Manager
BON Hotel Waterfront Richards Bay
The successful incumbent will be responsible for the following:
Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
- Supervise and sign off all repairs & maintenance.
- Assist with general maintenance repairs when required.
- Perform and complete all duties with minimal interruption and inconvenience to guests and
the service operation.
- Responds to maintenance requests in the minimum possible down time.
- Ensure the facilities and equipment in and around the business are well maintained and in
good working order
- Reduce any accident or damage to equipment, loss of tools and suppliers.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and
- Understand and operate advanced electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, carpentry and boiler
- Communicate with different types of people to comprehend what they want and to provide
them with information and assistance.
- Ability to interpret readings from meters & gauges and other measuring units.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Ability to work under pressure situations and exercise good judgements.
- Ability to focus attention on details, speed and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of hotel guests and pertinent hotel information.
- Ability to ensure security of guest room access and hotel property.
- Ability to read and understand test equipment, measuring devices, and safety manuals.
- Preform maintenance activities in the guest room like plunging toilets, unclogging drains,
repairing all types of hardware, electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners /
HVAC and AC ducts.
- Perform maintenance activities in hotel public areas like plunging toilets, unclogging drains,
repairing all types of hardware, plumbing and electrical equipment and cosmetic items.
- Program TV’s and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related inventory duties.
- Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment.
- To clean, lubricate, protect, and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel.
- To operate as an independent mechanic by analyzing problems, identifying courses of
action, and implementing solutions with available resources and to a high degree of quality.
- To be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect guests
and colleges, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency.
- To monitor fire Alarm, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle
emergencies involving the systems.
- Read and understand blueprints, schematic drawings, and technical parts breakdown.
- Carry out specific oral and written instructions.
- Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain
confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Maintains the hotel facility and related equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Train and instruct other members of the staff through sharing of knowledge and skills.
- Grade 12
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role with a good understanding of English, both
written and oral.
- Must have gardening experience.
Richards Bay based hotel – BON Hotel Waterfront Richards Bay
The Housekeeping Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Housekeeping Supervisor responsibilities include organizing employee shifts, training and motivating team members and checking private and public areas for tidiness.
- They role may involve all aspects of the hotel housekeeping, including laundry, public rooms, private rooms and hotel bedrooms, staff and other internal areas, and agreed restricted external areas of the hotel (e.g. main entrance area) working within the team which performs these roles.
- Responsibilities include all day to day aspects of cleaning, laundry, hotel housekeeping supplies in public and private rooms, assessing maintenance needs and liaising with Line Manager/ maintenance.
- To be successful in this role, you should have a good understanding of sanitation regulations and team management abilities.
- Ultimately, you will help ensure our daily housekeeping operations run smoothly and that guests are satisfied.
- Assigning housekeeping tasks to staff and inspecting work to ensure that the prescribed standards of cleanliness are met.
- Regularly taking inventory of cleaning supplies and ordering stock as needed. • Issuing cleaning supplies and equipment to housekeeping staff as needed.
- Train housekeepers on cleaning and maintenance tasks
- Oversee staff daily
- Check rooms and common areas, including stairways and lounge areas, for cleanliness
- Schedule shifts and arrange for replacements in cases of absence
- Establish and educate staff on cleanliness, tidiness, and hygiene standards
- Motivate team members and resolve any issues that occur on the job
- Respond to customer complaints and special requests
- Monitor and replenish cleaning products stock including floor cleaner, bleach and rubber gloves
- Participate in large cleaning projects as required
- Ensure compliance with safety and sanitation policies in all areas
- Investigating and addressing complaints regarding poor housekeeping service.
- Work experience as a Housekeeping Supervisor or similar role
- Hands-on experience with cleaning and maintenance tasks for large organizations
- Ability to use industrial cleaning equipment and products
- Excellent organizational and team management skills
- Stamina to handle the physical demands of the job
- Flexibility to work various shifts, including evenings and weekends
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience in a similar role with a good understanding of English, both written and oral.
To apply for available positions, send your CV and cover letter explaining why you’re the best candidate to email@example.com. Please include the position you are applying for.
Should you not hear back from us, please consider your application unsuccessful.